To install our ads.txt file it requires root level access to your domain and going through the following steps.
- Login to the Freestar dashboard
- Download the ads.txt file by navigating to the Site Configurations menu.
- You need to install the file at the root level of your domain.
- Login to your server via FTP/SFTP or whatever method you use to upload files to your server.
- Upload the file to the root directory.
- To verify it uploaded to the correct spot, you should be able to navigate to http://yourdomain.com/ads.txt and see the contents of the file
If you have your own entries for this file, please add them below the commented line at the bottom of our file ("#Publisher Specific ads.txt info below here"). Putting your own entries below this line is important so that our automated process doesn't alert you with any false-positives.
Important Note for AdSense
If you are transitioning from AdSense to working with Freestar, it is very important that you include their information below the very bottom line of text on the file.
Here's how to get your AdSense info. So it'll look like this at the bottom of our ads.txt file:
google.com, pub-0000000000000000, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
The bolded zeros are placeholders for your actual account ID with AdSense, which you can get from your account login with them.
Current Ads.txt File Info
Link to current ads.txt file: ads.txt